Are you struggling with tooth loss? Then you need to learn about dental implants! The next best thing to your original teeth, implants are designed to look, feel, and act in a natural fashion, allowing you to be confident in your smile. Here at Tuscaloosa Family Dental in Tuscaloosa, AL, Dr. Kimberly Parker offers state-of-the-art dental implants to patients dealing with missing teeth. Read on to explore the benefits of implants.
1. Long-lasting and reliable: With proper maintenance and care, dental implants can last for decades and even a lifetime.
2. Improved ability to chew food: Our teeth were designed to help us break down and chew food—missing teeth can make this task difficult. However, since dental implants are anchored in the jawbone just like your original teeth, you will be able to eat anything you want, whenever you want!
3. They are more convenient. While traditional dentures require periodic removal, dental implants' permanence eliminates the inconvenience of removing a denture, as well as the need for messy adhesives to keep it in place.
4. Eliminate speech problems: Dental implants can eliminate the speech problems caused by missing teeth including mumbled or slurred speech, allowing you to speak with confidence.
5. Stop and prevent bone loss: Jawbone loss is a common consequence of tooth loss. In fact, during the first year following a tooth extraction, 25 percent of the jawbone is lost, an effect that only increases over time. Fortunately, dental implants preserve the jawbone and significantly reduce bone resorption and deterioration.
Interested? Call today
Ready for a brand new smile? Start your smile journey today! Call Tuscaloosa Family Dental at 205-722-7550 today to schedule a dental implant consultation at our office in Tuscaloosa, AL.